Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We have eggs

I'm sorry I haven't written for so long. As you all know I have recently started a new position teaching fifth grade at a different school. This has really been my main priority and almost of all my energy has been consumed. I have wonderful news. The ladies have given us three beautiful brown eggs. We think it is Cinnamon but not 100% sure. On Friday December 23, Michael looked in their coop and there it was. We ate them on Tuesday Decrmber 27. They are approximately 26 weeks old. All three gave the best time together. My Mom was here for the holiday and was able to pet them and enjoy an egg. She told us a story about when she visited her Uncle on his farm in Upstate New York that she was accidentally Locked in the coop. She said it was very traumatic for her.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, isn't is just the most exciting thing? We called our first egg the $1000 egg. Between the coop, the run, the feed, etc. it was one pricey egg. But SOOOOO tasty.

    ReplyDelete